Thursday, May 3, 2007

Still preggo!

I had my weekly appointment with Dr. Anderson on Tuesday and everything is still going well. She did end up checking me and said that my cervix was thinning (sorry if I gross anyone out :) and that I was about a centimeter dilated. I have been feeling those Braxton Hicks contractions very well this past week which I really had not before. They aren't painful but sometimes I do feel a little lightheaded, hot, and my heart starts racing when it does happen. The baby's head has dropped into my pelvis which explains why I went to the bathroom four times between the hours of 2 and 3 a.m. on Sunday night. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it to work but somehow I managed. I definitely have the waddle going on now if I didn't before!

We went to also visit Dr. Brooks, the other potential pediatrician, on Tuesday after my appointment. He seemed very pleasant and was very easy to talk to. Not that Dr. Patel wasn't, I just think if I had to take the baby to the doctor, I would feel more comfortable asking Dr. Brooks questions rather than Patel. Too many decisions!!!

Ron and I also went to see the Color Purple play in Chicago this past weekend. I probably shouldn't have left Decatur (Ron was sure to bring my stuff just in case we had to make a trip to the hospital) but I really wanted to see the play. It was pretty good but the seats were very cramped. Ron and I had to keep moving around because we couldn't see around the people in front of us! Overall it was a good time and we both were happy to have the chance to go!

My next appointment is on Tuesday (if I make it through the weekend!). I have no idea when it will be time. Ron thinks that I won't go into labor until next Saturday but I would like to before then. I've been feeling pretty tired lately and my weight has been creeping up! I've surprised myself a few times with how much I can really eat! I have been trying for the past couple of weeks to put pictures up but this stupid thing won't let me. I promise to keep trying though. Until next time....

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow I can't believe it's so soon. I forgot how soon my graduation was which I knew was around your delivery date. I can't wait to hear! I know everything will go smooth! Eric and I are thinking of you and your family! :)