Friday, April 27, 2007

The countdown has begun!

My 37 week appointment was on Tuesday! Once again, everything is still going great! Dr. Anderson guessed the weight of the baby now and she thinks he's around 6 lbs. She doesn't think that his head has quite dropped into my pelvis yet but at least his head is still down there! I've been out walking whenever I get a chance to hopefully help drop him down! Ron and I went for a relatively long walk on Sunday. It was actually kind of hot outside but it was nice to finally be able to go out! I don't know if I'm dilated or anything like that yet. My doctor doesn't check women until they are 39 weeks or if I go into labor earlier than that. Everyone at work thinks that I'm lying to them when I tell them that she really hasn't told me anything!

We have pretty much everything in place now for the baby, we're just waiting for him to arrive! We put in the car seat base Friday and I think we've done it right. I plan on having someone from the Health Department check it out. Hopefully, I can get it done before the baby comes! I'm starting to experience the Braxton Hicks contractions and it seems like they're coming a bit more frequently than they have in the past. I do have some swelling in my legs and ankles. To me, it's noticeable!

We have another interview with a pediatrician next Tuesday after my doctor's appointment so we'll see how that goes. They said to check out at least a couple so we decided on Dr. Brooks at St. Mary's. Well, that's pretty much it for now! Promise to write again soon!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

So what's going on with the name thing???