Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's getting closer...

Hello everyone! Ron and I have been busily preparing for Baby Baker to arrive. I had my 34 week appointment last week and everything still seems fine. I did put on a bit more weight, somehow around 5 pounds, which is the most thus far in a two or four week span. So, I am up to about 160 now! I'm glad I have an excuse to weigh that much in such a short amount of time! The doctor said that the head in still down towards my pelvis but I have not dropped yet. Everyone at work has something different to say. Some think I have, some think I haven't. I never knew there were so many experts on pregnancy! Overall, I still feel pretty good for the most part but I am starting to walk slower and getting up off the couch or out of the car can be a pain in the butt!

Last Friday, Ron and I went and got all the rest of the things we thought we needed for the baby. This included the bedding which we think is quite lovely - of course, you are entitled to your opinion! We also have been putting stuff together and making room for all of the gifts! It's actually been kind of fun! Thus far, we have rearranged the living room, dining room, bedroom and baby's room. I guess that doesn't leave any room out! Now, we are just trying to clean and get everything somewhat organized.

We also went on a tour of DMH last week. I know Ron didn't really want to since he's there everyday but he was a good sport and went. We got to tour the rooms, nursery and other spaces. I still can't decide if I want to do the private or semi-private rooms. Unfortunately, DMH hasn't caught up with St. Mary's and all of the rooms are not private yet and they have a special cost added to it. The semi-private rooms are so small and with all the family in town, I am not sure they can fit. Therefore, I am thinking we might go with a private room at least for our first child and if we have more, I wouldn't mind a semi-private one.

Well, I have my 36 week appointment next week and then I will start going every week! I think Ron and I are going to try our luck with putting in the car seat this weekend. There's only a month to go!

No comments: