Monday, January 1, 2007

Our Christmas Break


Well, we've made it safely to 21 weeks! As you can see from the picture, I am getting a bit bigger. It's getting harder to stand up when sitting down or laying in bed but other than that I can still do pretty much everything. I signed up for a class at the YMCA that does water/land aerobics. Ron is excited because I will be exercising. He's been getting on me the past couple of weeks. I go to the gym about once or twice a week and walk on the treadmill and ride the bike. He doesn't think that all the walking I do at work counts for much! We went to the doctor over Christmas break and Dr. Anderson said that we should not go with the May 22nd due date from the ultrasound but the May 12th date instead. So, I guess we'll see what happens.
As of now, we have pretty much everything assembled and are now trying to clean up. I will post a picture of the room that is half Ron's office and half the baby's room soon. For Christmas, Ron surprised me with an outfit for the baby as well as some bibs. One bib said "mommy's little monster" while another said "Daddy's little helper." We had similar ideas as I got him a bib that said "Little Bears fan" since he's such a big Chicago fan now! One thing we both have realized is the unfairness of clothing. There are so many clothes in stores for little girls but not for boys.
Thus far, I have not felt much movement (at least I don't think). I have seen my stomach twitch but I think that's the baby hiccuping. Ron brings his stethoscope home every week so we can see if we hear anything. It is definitely helpful having a nurse for husband as well as all his friends that are both doctors and nurses.
Well, that's it for now! Check back soon for more pics and stories!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Seeing you pregnant brings tears to my eyes! I wish I could see you in person! I definetly want to come and see you (and of course Ron and the baby) when the baby is born, so you better tell Ron to put me on speed dial when you're in labor!