Friday, July 13, 2007

Shot time!

All done with my shots!!
What did they just do to me?
Whew! That was rough!

Yep, that's right. Little Ron had his first round of shots. Actually, he did have a Hep. B shot when we were in the hospital but neither of us saw it, thank goodness! I was a bit nervous taking him because I wasn't sure how he would react, but he did very well! The nurse gave him his first shot in his left leg. He was calm before the shot and then as soon as she poked him he let out a wail. Then, she stuck him again real quick with the second shot. After about thirty seconds, he was done crying and I was trying to get revved up for the last one. So, the nurse wiped off his leg with alcohol while I was holding his hands and stuck him again. He cried hard again this time (I saw tears :( ) and then stopped again after thirty seconds. After she was all done, I picked him up and told him what a good job he did and we went on our merry little way! Soon after, I went and bought him some baby Tylenol before taking him to grandma's house. The next two days he slept constantly and even almost through the night. He only woke up once Thursday and Friday nights! The doctor also said that he weighed 11 pounds 0.4 ounces, was 21 3/4 inches tall and his head circumference was in the 25th percentile. His height and weight was in the 5th percentile which was no surprise to Ron and I. We're definitely not the tallest in our families!









This past weekend was also Ron and I's first anniversary as a married couple. We left the little one at home with my sisters and took a trip! It was definitely a nice getaway but we looked forward to coming home too! Everywhere we went we saw a baby that reminded us of Little Ron. We kept taking out our pictures and looking at them. In fact, we kept playing the game, "Who am I?" but we kept using the same person, Little Ron. Sounds like fun, huh?? As I was telling a friend that life is different. We now have someone to come home to and we love it. When we woke up Sunday morning, we tried to rush so that we could get back home to see and play with him. A lot different from a year ago!





Next week, Little Ron leaves his grandmas' houses and will start daycare. I am a little nervous but excited. I want to see how he acts around other little babies! If he's anything like his dad, he'll be the hit of the daycare!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad that Lil Ron did okay with his shots. I am excited to see him in a few days!