Tuesday, March 6, 2007

All is good!

Well, well, well...what else is going on with the Baker family? Not too much! Ron went over the weekend to buy a video camera and a digital camera. So, we are all set for taking pictures. It has taken us months to actually go out and get one so I am glad that we finally did! Now, Ron just has to figure out how to use it. We also went baby toys/clothes looking over the weekend and decided that we are going to go up to St. Louis after the baby shower (March 24th) and pick up anything else we think we might need.

I had my first every other week appointment with Dr. Anderson. Everything still seemed to be going good. I was asking her about the different body parts and she said that his head was down near my pelvis. Ron and I have felt the baby move much more often than before. It seems like it usually happens when I wake up for work, anytime I have a student in my office or any other inopportune time when I can't enjoy it, around 5:00 when I get off of work, 7 or 8:00 depending on what I am doing and then around 11 or so (whenever I hit the bed!). Ron seems amazed every time he can feel the baby move. He will crouch down next to my belly and either start off with "Baby, baby, it's daddy" or he might throw in "Lil' Ron" instead. He's also been putting the flashlight up to my belly as well. Having him excited makes me more excited as well and is much easier to get through those seldom bad times like last night. I had a burning sensation it seemed like all night traveling from my stomach to esophagus. I felt like it was never going to end but I finally managed to get some sleep.

Aerobics is still going well. I only have a few more weeks before I stop and then I plan to go to the gym and use the treadmill. I know the workouts we've been doing pretty well so I can replicate it if needed. Ron and I start our childbirth classes this week so it will be interesting to see what we learn.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Awwww!!!! I am so excited for you guys! So he's calling it 'lil Ron eh? I think if you guys name it anything else, he'll still call the kid "Ron."

I miss you guys. I hope I get to see you sometime this month! I miss both of you!!!!!!!!!